Josh Ritter & the Royal City Band
Given his traditional, folk style, it didn’t seem like Northwest-raised singer-songwriter Josh Ritter could get more back to basics. Then, his marriage to singer-songwriter Dawn Landes fell apart. On The Beast in Its Tracks, the songsmith’s first full-length since 2010 (he wrote a novel in the meantime that Stephen King said, “shines with a compressed lyricism that recalls Ray Bradbury in his prime”), Ritter draws from music’s oldest, deepest inspiration source: heartbreak.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Portland News to Chew
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Portland's 10 Best Salads