Josh Ritter & the Royal City Band
Given his traditional, folk style, it didn’t seem like Northwest-raised singer-songwriter Josh Ritter could get more back to basics. Then, his marriage to singer-songwriter Dawn Landes fell apart. On The Beast in Its Tracks, the songsmith’s first full-length since 2010 (he wrote a novel in the meantime that Stephen King said, “shines with a compressed lyricism that recalls Ray Bradbury in his prime”), Ritter draws from music’s oldest, deepest inspiration source: heartbreak.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The Houseboat Life
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- 2014's Fresh Harvest of Fall Pastries
- Tripster: Weekend Plans