Joey Arias and Kristian Hoffman
Joey Arias and Kristian Hoffman, a pair of influential performers from New York's fertile East Village arts scene who both worked with singer Klaus Nomi—an unearthly and memorable presence if ever there was one—are combining their talents for a touring show inspired by their late friend. Drag artist and cabaret singer Arias appeared with Nomi and David Bowie on Saturday Night Live in 1979 before going on to make a name for himself for impeccable impressions of jazz singer Billie Holiday. His performances eventually won him the original role of Mistress of Seduction in Cirque du Soleil's Las Vegas show Zumanity, where he performed for six years (in addition to writing two of the show's songs). Composer/musician Hoffman has worked with the likes of Rufus Wainwright, Deborah Harry, and Ann Magnuson.
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland's 10 Best Guilt-Free Dishes