Joey Arias and Kristian Hoffman
Joey Arias and Kristian Hoffman, a pair of influential performers from New York's fertile East Village arts scene who both worked with singer Klaus Nomi—an unearthly and memorable presence if ever there was one—are combining their talents for a touring show inspired by their late friend. Drag artist and cabaret singer Arias appeared with Nomi and David Bowie on Saturday Night Live in 1979 before going on to make a name for himself for impeccable impressions of jazz singer Billie Holiday. His performances eventually won him the original role of Mistress of Seduction in Cirque du Soleil's Las Vegas show Zumanity, where he performed for six years (in addition to writing two of the show's songs). Composer/musician Hoffman has worked with the likes of Rufus Wainwright, Deborah Harry, and Ann Magnuson.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- You Can Start Planning Your Trip to Iceland
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Bunk’s Tommy Habetz to Launch Moon Pizza this Winter
- Lil’ Wayne “Wins” Battle With Drake, Lays His Claim To Portland