Continuing its spin through the Pittsburgh Cycle, August Wilson’s 10-play, two-Pulitzer-winning survey of the 20th-century African American experience, Portland Playhouse stages this story of embattled cab drivers serving Pittsburgh’s historically black Hill District in the ’70s.
Read our story about Jitney, the August Wilson Red Door Project, and how Portland’s theaters are tackling race.
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 16-19
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Northwest Pumpkin Patches
- How Oregonians Really Feel About Wine
- Opening Date and Menu Details for Northwest Portland’s Le Vieux
- Trail of the Month: Indian Heaven Trail No. 33
- A New Wood-Fired Pizzeria, Fire and Stone, to Open in Northeast Portland