Portland Center Stage: JAW Festival
Four playwrights (chosen from more than 200 submissions) join actors, directors, and all manner of theater professionals for two frenzied weeks of workshops, rehearsals, and rewrites—a creative orgy that culminates in staged readings of the reworked scripts for the public. Chosen playwrites this year are Penny Penniston with her play, "Keys of the Kingdom," Juilliard-graduate Tommy Smith and his piece about DB Cooper's famous Oregon heist, Mat Smart with "The Royal Society of Antarctica," and New Dramatists alum and PCS favorite Adam Brock, whose play concerns the "simple... well, I guess, not really" life of Nate Martin (Brock also penned last seasons A Small Fire).
- The Latest in Portland Arts News—Anthony Bourdain is Portland-Bound!
- Wake Up to Portland's Best Breakfast Sandwiches
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- 5 Reasons to Look Forward to Portland's Newest Sundae Shop
- Big Money Moments in Portland Real Estate
- Barbecue Deluxe at Smokehouse Tavern
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts