Portland Center Stage: JAW Festival
Four playwrights (chosen from more than 200 submissions) join actors, directors, and all manner of theater professionals for two frenzied weeks of workshops, rehearsals, and rewrites—a creative orgy that culminates in staged readings of the reworked scripts for the public. Chosen playwrites this year are Penny Penniston with her play, "Keys of the Kingdom," Juilliard-graduate Tommy Smith and his piece about DB Cooper's famous Oregon heist, Mat Smart with "The Royal Society of Antarctica," and New Dramatists alum and PCS favorite Adam Brock, whose play concerns the "simple... well, I guess, not really" life of Nate Martin (Brock also penned last seasons A Small Fire).
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Bean Heaven at Cup & Bar: Where Coffee and Chocolate Collide
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Inside the North Portland Shop Where Everything Is Free
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Trail of the Month: Mosier Plateau