Portland Center Stage: JAW Festival
Four playwrights (chosen from more than 200 submissions) join actors, directors, and all manner of theater professionals for two frenzied weeks of workshops, rehearsals, and rewrites—a creative orgy that culminates in staged readings of the reworked scripts for the public. Chosen playwrites this year are Penny Penniston with her play, "Keys of the Kingdom," Juilliard-graduate Tommy Smith and his piece about DB Cooper's famous Oregon heist, Mat Smart with "The Royal Society of Antarctica," and New Dramatists alum and PCS favorite Adam Brock, whose play concerns the "simple... well, I guess, not really" life of Nate Martin (Brock also penned last seasons A Small Fire).
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: May 21–24
- Portland's 10 Best Salads