In Dialogue Series: Hungry
Profile Theatre rounds out a season of Sam Shepard featuring two contemporary plays grappling with themes of family, dysfunction, and love set in gritty Western landscapes. This season's In Dialogue Series includes staged readings of Amy Claussen’s Hungry, Edith Freni’s Buena Vista, as well as Sam Shepard’s A Lie of the Mind.
Amy Claussen’s comic family drama, Hungry, takes place in a stranded New Mexico high desert diner with a mythic blooming cactus that once attracted pilgrims but now sits wilting and alone patiently watched by young Dilly, her aunt Sheila and drug hustling cousin Dan.
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- You Can Start Planning Your Trip to Iceland
- Lil’ Wayne “Wins” Battle With Drake, Lays His Claim To Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Bunk’s Tommy Habetz to Launch Moon Pizza this Winter
- Four Reasons to Get Excited About the Portland Fermentation Festival