In Dialogue Series: Hungry
Profile Theatre rounds out a season of Sam Shepard featuring two contemporary plays grappling with themes of family, dysfunction, and love set in gritty Western landscapes. This season's In Dialogue Series includes staged readings of Amy Claussen’s Hungry, Edith Freni’s Buena Vista, as well as Sam Shepard’s A Lie of the Mind.
Amy Claussen’s comic family drama, Hungry, takes place in a stranded New Mexico high desert diner with a mythic blooming cactus that once attracted pilgrims but now sits wilting and alone patiently watched by young Dilly, her aunt Sheila and drug hustling cousin Dan.
- Ultimate Summer Day Trips
- 6 Great Summer Food Cart Sandwiches
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- Top Things to Do Labor Day Weekend 2014