In Dialogue Series: Hungry
Profile Theatre rounds out a season of Sam Shepard featuring two contemporary plays grappling with themes of family, dysfunction, and love set in gritty Western landscapes. This season's In Dialogue Series includes staged readings of Amy Claussen’s Hungry, Edith Freni’s Buena Vista, as well as Sam Shepard’s A Lie of the Mind.
Amy Claussen’s comic family drama, Hungry, takes place in a stranded New Mexico high desert diner with a mythic blooming cactus that once attracted pilgrims but now sits wilting and alone patiently watched by young Dilly, her aunt Sheila and drug hustling cousin Dan.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads