In Dialogue Series: Hungry
Profile Theatre rounds out a season of Sam Shepard featuring two contemporary plays grappling with themes of family, dysfunction, and love set in gritty Western landscapes. This season's In Dialogue Series includes staged readings of Amy Claussen’s Hungry, Edith Freni’s Buena Vista, as well as Sam Shepard’s A Lie of the Mind.
Amy Claussen’s comic family drama, Hungry, takes place in a stranded New Mexico high desert diner with a mythic blooming cactus that once attracted pilgrims but now sits wilting and alone patiently watched by young Dilly, her aunt Sheila and drug hustling cousin Dan.
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- An Ambitious Custom Home in Vancouver (?!) Shows What the 'Burbs Could Be
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Insider Secrets on The Princess Bride As Told to Us By Westley Himself
- The Blazers' Guide to Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Guide to Black Friday at Locally Owned Portland Shops
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014