In Dialogue Series: Hungry
Profile Theatre rounds out a season of Sam Shepard featuring two contemporary plays grappling with themes of family, dysfunction, and love set in gritty Western landscapes. This season's In Dialogue Series includes staged readings of Amy Claussen’s Hungry, Edith Freni’s Buena Vista, as well as Sam Shepard’s A Lie of the Mind.
Amy Claussen’s comic family drama, Hungry, takes place in a stranded New Mexico high desert diner with a mythic blooming cactus that once attracted pilgrims but now sits wilting and alone patiently watched by young Dilly, her aunt Sheila and drug hustling cousin Dan.
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Cheryl Strayed Talks About Filming 'Wild' with Reese Witherspoon (And Meeting Channing Tatum)
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Nov 20–23
- A New Mayan Restaurant Is Taking Over Little T Every Sunday
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Thanksgiving in Portland: Dine Out
- How to Devour Portland's Restaurant Scene in 7 Days