In Dialogue Series: Hungry
Profile Theatre rounds out a season of Sam Shepard featuring two contemporary plays grappling with themes of family, dysfunction, and love set in gritty Western landscapes. This season's In Dialogue Series includes staged readings of Amy Claussen’s Hungry, Edith Freni’s Buena Vista, as well as Sam Shepard’s A Lie of the Mind.
Amy Claussen’s comic family drama, Hungry, takes place in a stranded New Mexico high desert diner with a mythic blooming cactus that once attracted pilgrims but now sits wilting and alone patiently watched by young Dilly, her aunt Sheila and drug hustling cousin Dan.
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- All-Way's Hamburger Time Machine
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- An Oregon Company’s Totally Rad School Backpacks Will Make You Want to Pack a Lunch
- Bring Some Scandinavian Holidays Home with Beaverton's Scandia Imports
- An Entire Store Devoted to Locally Made Goods
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Dec 18–21