Profile Theatre: Buena Vista
Profile Theatre rounds out its Sam Shepard season with the In Dialogue Series—readins of plays by contemporary plays who are grappling with similar themes of family, dysfunction, and love set in gritty Western landscapes. The series includes staged readings of Amy Claussen’s Hungry and Edith Freni’s Buena Vista, as well as Sam Shepard’s A Lie of the Mind.
What happens when you stick an estranged parent, their ex, their confused son, Noah, and his ex-girlfriend from hell into a snowed in cabin? Edith Freni’s Buena Vista tries find out in a twisting plot chock full of dark humor, verbal sparring, and tension.
- Portland's 10 Best Salads
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- 10 Fantastic Portland-Designed Bags
- A Kure for the Common Smoothie
- Northwest Glamping
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide