Profile Theatre: Buena Vista
Profile Theatre rounds out its Sam Shepard season with the In Dialogue Series—readins of plays by contemporary plays who are grappling with similar themes of family, dysfunction, and love set in gritty Western landscapes. The series includes staged readings of Amy Claussen’s Hungry and Edith Freni’s Buena Vista, as well as Sam Shepard’s A Lie of the Mind.
What happens when you stick an estranged parent, their ex, their confused son, Noah, and his ex-girlfriend from hell into a snowed in cabin? Edith Freni’s Buena Vista tries find out in a twisting plot chock full of dark humor, verbal sparring, and tension.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?