Profile Theatre: Buena Vista
Profile Theatre rounds out its Sam Shepard season with the In Dialogue Series—readins of plays by contemporary plays who are grappling with similar themes of family, dysfunction, and love set in gritty Western landscapes. The series includes staged readings of Amy Claussen’s Hungry and Edith Freni’s Buena Vista, as well as Sam Shepard’s A Lie of the Mind.
What happens when you stick an estranged parent, their ex, their confused son, Noah, and his ex-girlfriend from hell into a snowed in cabin? Edith Freni’s Buena Vista tries find out in a twisting plot chock full of dark humor, verbal sparring, and tension.
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- A Native Portlander Returns to Find Her Hometown Radically Transformed
- Three Women Transforming Ranching in Eastern Oregon
- Portland's Mayor Says the Future is Bright—If Anyone Can Still Afford to Live Here
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This March
- Writer and Private Investigator Rene Denfeld on Portland Sexism
- 10 Amazing Oregon Women Breaking Barriers, Kicking Ass, and Inspiring Us All
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland