Iñigo Manglano-Ovalle: Always After (The Glass House)
The exhibition Always After (The Glass House): Iñigo Manglano-Ovalle presents the work of Chicago-based, MacArthur-award winning artist Iñigo Manglano-Ovalle, whose technologically sophisticated sculptures and video installations engage modern architecture, while at the same time using this architecture as metaphor. In this exhibition, specially curated for Littman Gallery, two important works from Manglano-Ovalle’s oeuvre will be on view: the enigmatic video Always After (The Glass House), 2006 and the large-format print, House with Four Columns, 2010. As architects and aficionados may know on the basis of the artist’s titles, both works are concerned with important glass buildings by Mies van der Rohe, but, in each case, the buildings come to us in a form we do not recognize, in a state we cannot immediately comprehend.
Manglano-Ovalle will deliver a gallery talk at the opening reception of Always After (The Glass House) on Friday, April 26 from 7–8:30 pm.
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- 16 Perfect Trails for Exploring Mount St. Helens
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- Portland's 10 Best Salads
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland News to Chew
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland Brunch
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!