Holocombe Waller: Wayfinders
Portland folk troubadour Holcombe Waller first gained exposure with the 2001 indie pop album Extravagant Gesture, but his career over the last decade or so has seen him shift towards multi-disciplinary performance, perhaps most notably his PICA-commissioned, touring amalgam of theater, video installation, and folk concert, Into the Dark Unknown: The Hope Chest.
Following fast on the heels of his October 19 debut with the Oregon Symphony at the Schnitz, Waller will preview Wayfinders, an entirely new song-cycle he will be developing into a song-theater piece over the next year. Backed by Portland new music ensemble FearNoMusic, the piece explores a question that has troubled mankind since the beginning: where are we?
Read our profile of Waller in preview of his last multi-media show, Surfacing.
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Bean Heaven at Cup & Bar: Where Coffee and Chocolate Collide
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Inside the North Portland Shop Where Everything Is Free
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Trail of the Month: Mosier Plateau