Holocombe Waller: Wayfinders
Portland folk troubadour Holcombe Waller first gained exposure with the 2001 indie pop album Extravagant Gesture, but his career over the last decade or so has seen him shift towards multi-disciplinary performance, perhaps most notably his PICA-commissioned, touring amalgam of theater, video installation, and folk concert, Into the Dark Unknown: The Hope Chest.
Following fast on the heels of his October 19 debut with the Oregon Symphony at the Schnitz, Waller will preview Wayfinders, an entirely new song-cycle he will be developing into a song-theater piece over the next year. Backed by Portland new music ensemble FearNoMusic, the piece explores a question that has troubled mankind since the beginning: where are we?
Read our profile of Waller in preview of his last multi-media show, Surfacing.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: May 21–24
- Portland's 10 Best Salads