Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony
For other cities, it's the first snowfall. For Portland, the signal to the start of the holiday season is the Tree Lighting Ceremony in Pioneer Courthouse Square—a now tradition in its 28th year. Thousands will assemble in Portland's Living Room to watch as the 75-foot-tall Douglas-fir is set aglow with nearly 15,000 lights. This year's ceremony is made all the more special with Thomas Lauderdale of Pink Martini leading the holiday sing-a-long!
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads