Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony
For other cities, it's the first snowfall. For Portland, the signal to the start of the holiday season is the Tree Lighting Ceremony in Pioneer Courthouse Square—a now tradition in its 28th year. Thousands will assemble in Portland's Living Room to watch as the 75-foot-tall Douglas-fir is set aglow with nearly 15,000 lights. This year's ceremony is made all the more special with Thomas Lauderdale of Pink Martini leading the holiday sing-a-long!
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald