Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony
For other cities, it's the first snowfall. For Portland, the signal to the start of the holiday season is the Tree Lighting Ceremony in Pioneer Courthouse Square—a now tradition in its 28th year. Thousands will assemble in Portland's Living Room to watch as the 75-foot-tall Douglas-fir is set aglow with nearly 15,000 lights. This year's ceremony is made all the more special with Thomas Lauderdale of Pink Martini leading the holiday sing-a-long!
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Bend Butchers to Open a Japanese Soul Food Restaurant
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- North Pearl: Going Up?