Hannah Karsen: The Sea Was The Last Free Place On Earth
Hannah Karsen presents a series of photographs that examines the action of light as an expected gesture based in a cyclical occurrence in her environment. Her interest in this exploration are the places she began to expect these actions to occur, and the built expectation of that gesture happening again. This work documents her experiences of these actions of light and her relationship to them, over a period of time. Through repeated photographing of these spaces she sets up the affect of something fleeting in a cyclical sense. A visual anthology of the periphery of our everyday.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Sustainable Grilling at Bamboo Izakaya
- Portland's 10 Best Guilt-Free Dishes