Hannah Karsen: The Sea Was The Last Free Place On Earth
Hannah Karsen presents a series of photographs that examines the action of light as an expected gesture based in a cyclical occurrence in her environment. Her interest in this exploration are the places she began to expect these actions to occur, and the built expectation of that gesture happening again. This work documents her experiences of these actions of light and her relationship to them, over a period of time. Through repeated photographing of these spaces she sets up the affect of something fleeting in a cyclical sense. A visual anthology of the periphery of our everyday.
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- 16 Perfect Trails for Exploring Mount St. Helens
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- Portland's 10 Best Salads
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland News to Chew
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland Brunch
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!