It’s Christmas law: Portland Baroque Orchestra, along with vocal chamber ensemble Cappella Romana, will perform the baroque composer’s best-known work—a piece so popular, the holiday wouldn’t be the same without it. PBO artistic director Monica Huggett conducts the oratorio, whose libretto recounts the story of Christ in the words of the King James Bible and other religious texts.
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Paul Gerald's Favorite Places