It’s Christmas law: Portland Baroque Orchestra, along with vocal chamber ensemble Cappella Romana, will perform the baroque composer’s best-known work—a piece so popular, the holiday wouldn’t be the same without it. PBO artistic director Monica Huggett conducts the oratorio, whose libretto recounts the story of Christ in the words of the King James Bible and other religious texts.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?