It’s Christmas law: Portland Baroque Orchestra, along with vocal chamber ensemble Cappella Romana, will perform the baroque composer’s best-known work—a piece so popular, the holiday wouldn’t be the same without it. PBO artistic director Monica Huggett conducts the oratorio, whose libretto recounts the story of Christ in the words of the King James Bible and other religious texts.
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- 16 Perfect Trails for Exploring Mount St. Helens
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- Portland's 10 Best Salads
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland News to Chew
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland Brunch
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!