It’s Christmas law: Portland Baroque Orchestra, along with vocal chamber ensemble Cappella Romana, will perform the baroque composer’s best-known work—a piece so popular, the holiday wouldn’t be the same without it. PBO artistic director Monica Huggett conducts the oratorio, whose libretto recounts the story of Christ in the words of the King James Bible and other religious texts.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The Houseboat Life
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- 2014's Fresh Harvest of Fall Pastries
- Tripster: Weekend Plans