It’s Christmas law: Portland Baroque Orchestra, along with vocal chamber ensemble Cappella Romana, will perform the baroque composer’s best-known work—a piece so popular, the holiday wouldn’t be the same without it. PBO artistic director Monica Huggett conducts the oratorio, whose libretto recounts the story of Christ in the words of the King James Bible and other religious texts.
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- North Pearl: Going Up?
- TEDxRecap: 6 Videos to Watch