Features:Age: All Ages Price: $9
In celebration of both the Victorian novelist's birthday and the season, the Northwest Film Center this month is screening a number of cinematic adaptations of Dickensian works. (Even putting aside A Christmas Carol, there's something essentially Christmas-y about all of Dickens' wintry, moralistic tales, isn't there?) Among the adaptations is David Lean's Oscar-winning 1946 version of Great Expectations.
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Your Hood River Fruit Loop Field Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- The Ultimate Guide to Northwest Pumpkin Patches