Is it possible to spin trash into gold? A unique partnership between Metro, crackedpots, and Recology (an employee-owned company that manages resource recovery facilities) thinks so. Each year, the Glean program chooses five artists and gives them six months, studio space, and $2,000 to make 10 works with material they "glean" from garbage facilities. The results are always imaginative, to say the least.
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Your Hood River Fruit Loop Field Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- The Ultimate Guide to Northwest Pumpkin Patches