Is it possible to spin trash into gold? A unique partnership between Metro, crackedpots, and Recology (an employee-owned company that manages resource recovery facilities) thinks so. Each year, the Glean program chooses five artists and gives them six months, studio space, and $2,000 to make 10 works with material they "glean" from garbage facilities. The results are always imaginative, to say the least.
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Bend Butchers to Open a Japanese Soul Food Restaurant
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- North Pearl: Going Up?