Is it possible to spin trash into gold? A unique partnership between Metro, crackedpots, and Recology (an employee-owned company that manages resource recovery facilities) thinks so. Each year, the Glean program chooses five artists and gives them six months, studio space, and $2,000 to make 10 works with material they "glean" from garbage facilities. The results are always imaginative, to say the least.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Apr 23–26