Is it possible to spin trash into gold? A unique partnership between Metro, crackedpots, and Recology (an employee-owned company that manages resource recovery facilities) thinks so. Each year, the Glean program chooses five artists and gives them six months, studio space, and $2,000 to make 10 works with material they "glean" from garbage facilities. The results are always imaginative, to say the least.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald