Gabriel Manca: Hyperbole Is Your Friend
Eastern Oregon artist Gabriel Manca recontextualizes found objects—discards or secondhand art from free boxes, yard sales, thrift stores—by obscuring the original image in part or whole. Many of these surfaces are painted over and covered in meticulous ink line work that traces contours and emboldens edges, imbuing these pictures with illustrative and maplike qualities.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald