Gabriel Manca: Hyperbole Is Your Friend
Eastern Oregon artist Gabriel Manca recontextualizes found objects—discards or secondhand art from free boxes, yard sales, thrift stores—by obscuring the original image in part or whole. Many of these surfaces are painted over and covered in meticulous ink line work that traces contours and emboldens edges, imbuing these pictures with illustrative and maplike qualities.
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Paul Gerald's Favorite Places