Gabriel Manca: Hyperbole Is Your Friend
Eastern Oregon artist Gabriel Manca recontextualizes found objects—discards or secondhand art from free boxes, yard sales, thrift stores—by obscuring the original image in part or whole. Many of these surfaces are painted over and covered in meticulous ink line work that traces contours and emboldens edges, imbuing these pictures with illustrative and maplike qualities.
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- Make Pok Pok's Famous Wings at Home
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014