Gabriel Manca: Hyperbole Is Your Friend
Eastern Oregon artist Gabriel Manca recontextualizes found objects—discards or secondhand art from free boxes, yard sales, thrift stores—by obscuring the original image in part or whole. Many of these surfaces are painted over and covered in meticulous ink line work that traces contours and emboldens edges, imbuing these pictures with illustrative and maplike qualities.
- The Latest in Portland Arts News—Anthony Bourdain is Portland-Bound!
- Wake Up to Portland's Best Breakfast Sandwiches
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Barbecue Deluxe at Smokehouse Tavern
- Big Money Moments in Portland Real Estate
- Back to Eden Brings Food Cart “Cottage” to Southeast Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts