Gabriel Manca: Hyperbole Is Your Friend
Eastern Oregon artist Gabriel Manca recontextualizes found objects—discards or secondhand art from free boxes, yard sales, thrift stores—by obscuring the original image in part or whole. Many of these surfaces are painted over and covered in meticulous ink line work that traces contours and emboldens edges, imbuing these pictures with illustrative and maplike qualities.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads