Lakewood Theatre Company presents a minimally staged version of this 1959 musical about how Roosevelt-era politician (and awful-airport namesake) Fiorello LaGuardia stood up to the corrupt Tammany Hall political machine—despite standing just five feet tall—and became mayor of New York. The play is one of only eight musicals to have won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?