Based on the comic character from Shakespeare’s Henry IV and The Merry Wives of Windsor, Verdi’s take on Falstaff finds the rotund and self-deluded ladies’ man on the hunt for his next meal ticket. It was only the second comedy ever penned by Verdi (at the age of 80!), and it remains a universally enjoyed opera company staple.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The Houseboat Life
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- 2014's Fresh Harvest of Fall Pastries
- Tripster: Weekend Plans