Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald