Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Jacobsen Salt Buys Out Bee Local
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- P.R.E.A.M. Announces Preview Dinners
- Kitchen Shuffles at Olympia Provisions; McMinnville Gets Two New Restaurants