Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- TEDxRecap: 6 Videos to Watch
- Guide to 2014's Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots