Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Apr 23–26