Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- All-Way's Hamburger Time Machine
- 15 Ways to Pamper Yourself From Head to Toe
- An Oregon Company’s Totally Rad School Backpacks Will Make You Want to Pack a Lunch
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Bring Some Scandinavian Holidays Home with Beaverton's Scandia Imports