Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- The Last Energy Bar Recipe You'll Ever Need
- The 10 Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings of 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- A Brief History of the PDX Airport Carpet
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Micro-Eateries