Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: May 21–24
- Portland's 10 Best Salads