Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Portland's 10 Best Salads
- Pabst Cracks Open a New Music Festival
- New Bar Prettyman's General Gets Pretty on Hawthorne
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots