Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- 22 Reasons Why You Need to Be in Bend This Summer
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland Gets Its First Dedicated Bone Broth Bar
- Guide to 2015 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Indulgent Portland Bar Food for Every Alt-Diet
- Run like it’s 1848 at the Oregon Trail 5K