Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- Carrie Brownstein on Lena Dunham, 'Girls,' and 'Portlandia'
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants