Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- Best Bets for Portland Dining Month
- A Guide to Portland's Mac & Cheese Scene
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- Inside Woodstock's Fishermen-Owned Portland Fish Market
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- The Oscars Red Carpet Highs and Lows
- The Beautiful Machine: Exploring the Gyrotonic Movement System in PDX
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots