Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- An Ambitious Custom Home in Vancouver (?!) Shows What the 'Burbs Could Be
- The Blazers' Guide to Portland
- Justin Timberlake: Bringing Classy Back
- Portland Monthly's Best Bar 2014: Pepe Le Moko