Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- 10 Portland-Style Junk Food Favorites
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’