Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Cheryl Strayed Talks About Filming 'Wild' with Reese Witherspoon (And Meeting Channing Tatum)
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Nov 20–23
- A New Mayan Restaurant Is Taking Over Little T Every Sunday
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Thanksgiving in Portland: Dine Out
- How to Devour Portland's Restaurant Scene in 7 Days