Based on interviews with real exiles from the fundamentalist Mormon enclave of Colorado City, Portland scribe Aleks Merilo’s play centers on four fictional men banished from the polygamist community to reduce its gender imbalance. Exit 27 is getting a staged reading as this year’s winner of CoHo Productions’ NEWxNW Playwriting Competition; last year’s winner, Susan Mach’s A Noble Failure, went on to receive a full production from Third Rail Repertory Theatre.
This is a Fertile Ground Festival–associated show.
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Jacobsen Salt Buys Out Bee Local
- A Historic Oregon Ranch is Crusading to Revive the American Clothing Industry
- A New Wave of Innovative Yoga Pants
- Behold Sunriver Resort's $50 Million Facelift