El Día de los Muertos Festival
Features:Age: All Ages Price: $20-30
The Day of the Dead celebration began in Mexico as a way to fête life in the face of often tough times, a sentiment that seems especially noteworthy now. Portland’s longest-running such festival raises spirits literally and figuratively with a colorful and unabashedly boisterous fortnight of dance, music, and theater—and a cavalcade of calacas (skeletons) performing a dreamlike pageant.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The Houseboat Life
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- 2014's Fresh Harvest of Fall Pastries
- Tripster: Weekend Plans