Whether he actually “Started from the Bottom” is debatable (his uncle is Sly & the Family Stone bassist Larry Graham, and he was a Canadian TV actor at 15 in Degrassi: The Next Generation), but the charismatic rapper has been a full-time resident at the top since his 2009 album, So Far Gone, went gold. He hits the Moda Center in support of his most recent, Nothing Was The Same.
For our part, we can't stop seeing him as the teen actor in Degrassi. Check out our progress report, where we compare the real star with his fictional character, the basketball-star-turned-school-shooting-victim Jimmy.
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- Three Women Transforming Ranching in Eastern Oregon
- A Native Portlander Returns to Find Her Hometown Radically Transformed
- Writer and Private Investigator Rene Denfeld on Portland Sexism
- 10 Amazing Oregon Women Breaking Barriers, Kicking Ass, and Inspiring Us All
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This March
- Portland's Mayor Says the Future is Bright—If Anyone Can Still Afford to Live Here
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland