Dr. Lonnie Smith
The turban-wearing master of the Hammond B3 organt has been in the business for six decades blazing a successful solo career and playing alongside the likes of Dizzy Gillespie, Dionne Warwick, Gladys Knight, Etta James, Joan Cartwright, and Esther Phillips. You can see the doctor in action at Star Theater as part of the Soul’d Out Music Festival.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald