No two ways about it, the ageless Dick Dale is the king of surf guitar. His furious fretwork on the classic instrumental "Misirlou" kicks Quentin Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction into high gear, and despite a busy touring schedule over the years he’s remained a staunch spokesman for cleaning up the oceans. "Misirlou" continues to serve the man well, as it had the honor of being sampled by the Black Eyed Peas in their song "Pump It."
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland's 10 Best Guilt-Free Dishes