No two ways about it, the ageless Dick Dale is the king of surf guitar. His furious fretwork on the classic instrumental "Misirlou" kicks Quentin Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction into high gear, and despite a busy touring schedule over the years he’s remained a staunch spokesman for cleaning up the oceans. "Misirlou" continues to serve the man well, as it had the honor of being sampled by the Black Eyed Peas in their song "Pump It."
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads