No two ways about it, the ageless Dick Dale is the king of surf guitar. His furious fretwork on the classic instrumental "Misirlou" kicks Quentin Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction into high gear, and despite a busy touring schedule over the years he’s remained a staunch spokesman for cleaning up the oceans. "Misirlou" continues to serve the man well, as it had the honor of being sampled by the Black Eyed Peas in their song "Pump It."
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The Houseboat Life
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- 2014's Fresh Harvest of Fall Pastries
- Tripster: Weekend Plans