David Eagleman: The Subconscious Mind
David Eagleman, Ph. D. is a neuroscientist and a New York Times bestselling author. His lecture "The Subconscious Mind: What Are Our Deep and Secret Thoughts?" is delivered as part of the 2013 Brain Awareness Series presented by the OHSU Brain Institute. Eagleman directs the Laboratory for Perception and Action at the Baylor College of Medicine, where he also directs the Initiative on Neuroscience and Law. He has so many accolades, studies, projects, and appearances (from numerous TED talks to NOVA to the Colbert Report) to his credit it's impossible to list them all here, but suffice it to say that when NPR quotes him as saying "most of what we do and think and feel is not under our conscious control," you know he's got a lecture worth showing up for.
- The Latest in Portland Arts News—Anthony Bourdain is Portland-Bound!
- Wake Up to Portland's Best Breakfast Sandwiches
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- 5 Reasons to Look Forward to Portland's Newest Sundae Shop
- Big Money Moments in Portland Real Estate
- Barbecue Deluxe at Smokehouse Tavern
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts