David Eagleman: The Subconscious Mind
David Eagleman, Ph. D. is a neuroscientist and a New York Times bestselling author. His lecture "The Subconscious Mind: What Are Our Deep and Secret Thoughts?" is delivered as part of the 2013 Brain Awareness Series presented by the OHSU Brain Institute. Eagleman directs the Laboratory for Perception and Action at the Baylor College of Medicine, where he also directs the Initiative on Neuroscience and Law. He has so many accolades, studies, projects, and appearances (from numerous TED talks to NOVA to the Colbert Report) to his credit it's impossible to list them all here, but suffice it to say that when NPR quotes him as saying "most of what we do and think and feel is not under our conscious control," you know he's got a lecture worth showing up for.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- Carrie Brownstein on Lena Dunham, 'Girls,' and 'Portlandia'
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants