David Douglas: A Naturalist at Work
Douglas is known for naming more than 80 different species and making one of the first systematic collections of flora and fauna in the Pacific Northwest—and the Douglas fir bears his name. A companion book to a museum exhibit about Douglas’s Pacific Northwest travels at the Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture in Spokane, Jack Nisbet’s collection of essays shows Douglas’s connection to the Pacific Northwest in the 19th century, as well as the way his work informs us today.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- Carrie Brownstein on Lena Dunham, 'Girls,' and 'Portlandia'
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants