David Douglas: A Naturalist at Work
Douglas is known for naming more than 80 different species and making one of the first systematic collections of flora and fauna in the Pacific Northwest—and the Douglas fir bears his name. A companion book to a museum exhibit about Douglas’s Pacific Northwest travels at the Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture in Spokane, Jack Nisbet’s collection of essays shows Douglas’s connection to the Pacific Northwest in the 19th century, as well as the way his work informs us today.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Portland News to Chew
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Portland's 10 Best Salads