Dave Eggers, one of contemporary American literature's leading writers, is the author of memoir A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius (which almost lives up to its title), founder of publishing house McSweeney's, and cofounder of literacy nonprofit 826 Valencia. He visits Powell's to sign copies of his new book, the novel A Hologram for the King.
Please note that this is only a book-signing, not a talk. Eggers will also be signing books at Annie Bloom's Books at 1 pm the same day.
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Bean Heaven at Cup & Bar: Where Coffee and Chocolate Collide
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Inside the North Portland Shop Where Everything Is Free
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Trail of the Month: Mosier Plateau