Dave Eggers, one of contemporary American literature's leading writers, is the author of memoir A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius (which almost lives up to its title), founder of publishing house McSweeney's, and cofounder of literacy nonprofit 826 Valencia. He visits Powell's to sign copies of his new book, the novel A Hologram for the King.
Please note that this is only a book-signing, not a talk. Eggers will also be signing books at Annie Bloom's Books at 1 pm the same day.
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Cheryl Strayed Talks About Filming 'Wild' with Reese Witherspoon (And Meeting Channing Tatum)
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Nov 20–23
- A New Mayan Restaurant Is Taking Over Little T Every Sunday
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Thanksgiving in Portland: Dine Out
- How to Devour Portland's Restaurant Scene in 7 Days