Dave Eggers, one of contemporary American literature's leading writers, is the author of memoir A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius (which almost lives up to its title), founder of publishing house McSweeney's, and cofounder of literacy nonprofit 826 Valencia. He visits Powell's to sign copies of his new book, the novel A Hologram for the King.
Please note that this is only a book-signing, not a talk. Eggers will also be signing books at Annie Bloom's Books at 1 pm the same day.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald