Dan Hicks & the Hot Licks
A revered American songwriter and musician who started his career in the mid-60s with legendary San Francisco group the Charlatans, Hicks has been praised by everyone from Elvis Costello to Bette Midler to Tom Waits, who said, “Dan Hicks is fly, sly, wily and dry!” His latest work, Live at Davies, is a concert album of swaggering, Django-guitar ridden swing tunes performed in typical Hicks fashion and with illustrious guests such as Harry Shearer, Rickie Lee Jones, and Ramblin' Jack Elliott.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- Carrie Brownstein on Lena Dunham, 'Girls,' and 'Portlandia'
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants