The Rose Quarter is honored to announce that His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso will speak in Portland for The Dalai Lama Environmental Summit Hosted by Maitripa College on May 11 at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Maitripa College is the first and only Tibetan Buddhist college in the Northwest.
Beginning at 9:30 a.m., His Holiness the Dalai Lama will be among a panel of political and environmental leaders discussing the roles of science, media, and policy makers in catalyzing environmental action globally and in the Northwest in “Environmental Summit: Universal Responsibility and the Global Environment." Other panel members include David Suzuki, the award-winning scientist, environmentalist and broadcaster, and Andrea Durbin, executive director of Oregon Environmental Council. Congressman Earl Blumenauer and Senator Jeff Merkley will also offer remarks at the Environmental Summit. Host of “Think Out Loud,” KOPB’s David Miller, will moderate the discussion.
VIP tickets are available online.
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Your Hood River Fruit Loop Field Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- The Ultimate Guide to Northwest Pumpkin Patches