Crow's Shadow Institute of the Arts Golden Spot Award Print Release and Exhibition
This exhibition showcases six of Oregon’s most accomplished artists—Pat Boas, Arnold J. Kemp,Eva Lake, Susan Murrell, Jenene Nagy, Storm Tharp—who received Golden Spot residencies to collaborate with Crow's Shadow Master Printer, Frank Janzen, to create lithographic editions. The works range from Lake’s psychedelically striated prints using the “rainbow roll” method to Kemp’s minimalist line work.
Crow's Shadow Institute of the Arts, founded by artist James Lavadour and known for its world-class printmaking studio and traditional arts workshops, is located on the Umatilla Indian Reservation in northeast Oregon.
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- Three Women Transforming Ranching in Eastern Oregon
- A Native Portlander Returns to Find Her Hometown Radically Transformed
- Writer and Private Investigator Rene Denfeld on Portland Sexism
- 10 Amazing Oregon Women Breaking Barriers, Kicking Ass, and Inspiring Us All
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This March
- Portland's Mayor Says the Future is Bright—If Anyone Can Still Afford to Live Here
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland