Courageous Voice Breakfast with Sandra Fluke
Planned Parenthood Advocates of Oregon presents a special breakfast event with Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown Law student who came to national attention in February 2012 when congressional Republicans prohibited her from testifying about women’s health, instead convening a panel of only men. In the face of outrageous personal attacks from Rush Limbaugh, she went on to testify before the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee on the importance of women’s own private insurance covering contraception. The winner of Planned Parenthood’s “Care. No Matter What. Award” and a nominee for TIME’s Person of the Year, Fluke will discuss her personal experience of speaking truth in the face of hostility.
- The Latest in Portland Arts News—Anthony Bourdain is Portland-Bound!
- 5 Reasons to Look Forward to Portland's Newest Sundae Shop
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Wake Up to Portland's Best Breakfast Sandwiches
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Hot Travel Links: The Coolest Camper Ever, Airbus's Sadistic Plan, and a Fried Chicken Roadtrip
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes