Courageous Voice Breakfast with Sandra Fluke
Planned Parenthood Advocates of Oregon presents a special breakfast event with Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown Law student who came to national attention in February 2012 when congressional Republicans prohibited her from testifying about women’s health, instead convening a panel of only men. In the face of outrageous personal attacks from Rush Limbaugh, she went on to testify before the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee on the importance of women’s own private insurance covering contraception. The winner of Planned Parenthood’s “Care. No Matter What. Award” and a nominee for TIME’s Person of the Year, Fluke will discuss her personal experience of speaking truth in the face of hostility.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- Carrie Brownstein on Lena Dunham, 'Girls,' and 'Portlandia'
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants