Courageous Voice Breakfast with Sandra Fluke
Planned Parenthood Advocates of Oregon presents a special breakfast event with Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown Law student who came to national attention in February 2012 when congressional Republicans prohibited her from testifying about women’s health, instead convening a panel of only men. In the face of outrageous personal attacks from Rush Limbaugh, she went on to testify before the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee on the importance of women’s own private insurance covering contraception. The winner of Planned Parenthood’s “Care. No Matter What. Award” and a nominee for TIME’s Person of the Year, Fluke will discuss her personal experience of speaking truth in the face of hostility.
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Bean Heaven at Cup & Bar: Where Coffee and Chocolate Collide
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Inside the North Portland Shop Where Everything Is Free
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Trail of the Month: Mosier Plateau