Courageous Voice Breakfast with Sandra Fluke
Planned Parenthood Advocates of Oregon presents a special breakfast event with Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown Law student who came to national attention in February 2012 when congressional Republicans prohibited her from testifying about women’s health, instead convening a panel of only men. In the face of outrageous personal attacks from Rush Limbaugh, she went on to testify before the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee on the importance of women’s own private insurance covering contraception. The winner of Planned Parenthood’s “Care. No Matter What. Award” and a nominee for TIME’s Person of the Year, Fluke will discuss her personal experience of speaking truth in the face of hostility.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads