Courageous Voice Breakfast with Sandra Fluke
Planned Parenthood Advocates of Oregon presents a special breakfast event with Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown Law student who came to national attention in February 2012 when congressional Republicans prohibited her from testifying about women’s health, instead convening a panel of only men. In the face of outrageous personal attacks from Rush Limbaugh, she went on to testify before the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee on the importance of women’s own private insurance covering contraception. The winner of Planned Parenthood’s “Care. No Matter What. Award” and a nominee for TIME’s Person of the Year, Fluke will discuss her personal experience of speaking truth in the face of hostility.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald