Compagnie Marie Chouinard
The 2005 White Bird–commissioned performance of Body Remix/Goldberg Variations by the provocative Canadian choreographer Marie Chouinard electrified Portland with its ballerinas augmented by medical prosthetics and harnesses, who macerated the boundaries between beautiful movement and pain, freedom and constraint. Now the company returns on the centennial of one of the most provocative piece of music ever written, Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring—its 1913 world premiere almost incited a riot—with a dance constructed around forceful solos.
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Your Hood River Fruit Loop Field Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- The Ultimate Guide to Northwest Pumpkin Patches