Compagnie Marie Chouinard
The 2005 White Bird–commissioned performance of Body Remix/Goldberg Variations by the provocative Canadian choreographer Marie Chouinard electrified Portland with its ballerinas augmented by medical prosthetics and harnesses, who macerated the boundaries between beautiful movement and pain, freedom and constraint. Now the company returns on the centennial of one of the most provocative piece of music ever written, Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring—its 1913 world premiere almost incited a riot—with a dance constructed around forceful solos.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Oregon's Best State Parks
- Oregon's Best State Parks for Day Trippers
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops