Compagnie Marie Chouinard
The 2005 White Bird–commissioned performance of Body Remix/Goldberg Variations by the provocative Canadian choreographer Marie Chouinard electrified Portland with its ballerinas augmented by medical prosthetics and harnesses, who macerated the boundaries between beautiful movement and pain, freedom and constraint. Now the company returns on the centennial of one of the most provocative piece of music ever written, Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring—its 1913 world premiere almost incited a riot—with a dance constructed around forceful solos.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads