Compagnie Marie Chouinard
The 2005 White Bird–commissioned performance of Body Remix/Goldberg Variations by the provocative Canadian choreographer Marie Chouinard electrified Portland with its ballerinas augmented by medical prosthetics and harnesses, who macerated the boundaries between beautiful movement and pain, freedom and constraint. Now the company returns on the centennial of one of the most provocative piece of music ever written, Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring—its 1913 world premiere almost incited a riot—with a dance constructed around forceful solos.
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Bend Butchers to Open a Japanese Soul Food Restaurant
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- North Pearl: Going Up?