Compagnie Marie Chouinard
The 2005 White Bird–commissioned performance of Body Remix/Goldberg Variations by the provocative Canadian choreographer Marie Chouinard electrified Portland with its ballerinas augmented by medical prosthetics and harnesses, who macerated the boundaries between beautiful movement and pain, freedom and constraint. Now the company returns on the centennial of one of the most provocative piece of music ever written, Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring—its 1913 world premiere almost incited a riot—with a dance constructed around forceful solos.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Sustainable Grilling at Bamboo Izakaya
- Portland's 10 Best Guilt-Free Dishes