Compagnie Marie Chouinard
The 2005 White Bird–commissioned performance of Body Remix/Goldberg Variations by the provocative Canadian choreographer Marie Chouinard electrified Portland with its ballerinas augmented by medical prosthetics and harnesses, who macerated the boundaries between beautiful movement and pain, freedom and constraint. Now the company returns on the centennial of one of the most provocative piece of music ever written, Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring—its 1913 world premiere almost incited a riot—with a dance constructed around forceful solos.
- The Long-Awaited Portland Mercado Debuts with Homegrown Latin American Cuisine
- Guide to 2015 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Run like it’s 1848 at the Oregon Trail 5K
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- 22 Reasons Why You Need to Be in Bend This Summer
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Why Are Portlanders Obsessed With Tiny Houses?