Colin Meloy and Carson Ellis
Features:Price: Free , Children are FREE
"When illustrator Carson Ellis and musician-writer Colin Meloy began work on their fantastical young-adult trilogy, Wildwood Chronicles, the husband-and-wife duo traced Forest Park’s boundaries onto a large piece of paper and began to transform its sites into their own magical world. The Pittock Mansion became the dysfunctional government seat of South Wood. The Audubon Society became the Avian Principality. The zoo became a prison. And when the third and final novel, Wildwood Imperium, comes out on February 1, the creepy stone skeleton of a building along the Lower Macleay Trail will become the site of a Bloody Mary–style preteen ritual…."
Read our full story about Carson Ellis in preview of Wildwood Imperium view a slide show of her fairytale locations alongside their real-world inspirations.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Wildfang Launches the Coolest Ad Campaign of the Year
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- Jacobsen Salt Buys Out Bee Local