Bright Lights at City Club of Portland Friday Forum: A Conversation with Chris Riley
As a 22-year resident of Portland, global branding strategist Chris Riley has witnessed the city's evolution from a perceived second-tier American city to a global tastemaker. “Right here on our doorstep,” Riley says, “we have a vibrant culture of craft that represents a real generational change in attitudes to what we consume. It lies in the relationship between designers, the maker culture, and consumers, born into a local context of extremely sophisticated market thinking.” In collaboration with Portland Monthly, and in conversation with editor at large Randy Gragg, Riley will share his observations on how similar clusters of economic activity are evolving around the world, ranging from London to Dehli, and what Portland—its businesses, its academic institutions, and its government—might learn from them.
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- 16 Perfect Trails for Exploring Mount St. Helens
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- Portland's 10 Best Salads
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland News to Chew
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland Brunch
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!