Bright Lights at City Club of Portland Friday Forum: A Conversation with Chris Riley
As a 22-year resident of Portland, global branding strategist Chris Riley has witnessed the city's evolution from a perceived second-tier American city to a global tastemaker. “Right here on our doorstep,” Riley says, “we have a vibrant culture of craft that represents a real generational change in attitudes to what we consume. It lies in the relationship between designers, the maker culture, and consumers, born into a local context of extremely sophisticated market thinking.” In collaboration with Portland Monthly, and in conversation with editor at large Randy Gragg, Riley will share his observations on how similar clusters of economic activity are evolving around the world, ranging from London to Dehli, and what Portland—its businesses, its academic institutions, and its government—might learn from them.
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- North Pearl: Going Up?
- TEDxRecap: 6 Videos to Watch