Bright Lights at City Club of Portland Friday Forum: A Conversation with Chris Riley
As a 22-year resident of Portland, global branding strategist Chris Riley has witnessed the city's evolution from a perceived second-tier American city to a global tastemaker. “Right here on our doorstep,” Riley says, “we have a vibrant culture of craft that represents a real generational change in attitudes to what we consume. It lies in the relationship between designers, the maker culture, and consumers, born into a local context of extremely sophisticated market thinking.” In collaboration with Portland Monthly, and in conversation with editor at large Randy Gragg, Riley will share his observations on how similar clusters of economic activity are evolving around the world, ranging from London to Dehli, and what Portland—its businesses, its academic institutions, and its government—might learn from them.
- The Latest in Portland Arts News—Anthony Bourdain is Portland-Bound!
- Wake Up to Portland's Best Breakfast Sandwiches
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Barbecue Deluxe at Smokehouse Tavern
- Big Money Moments in Portland Real Estate
- Back to Eden Brings Food Cart “Cottage” to Southeast Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts