Cherry Poppin’ Daddies
Formed from several bands around the University of Oregon in the late '80s, the Cherry Poppin’ Daddies were one of the ringleaders of the new swing movement during the latter part of the 1990s. They’ve since varied their approach by punching up the funk, ska, and Latin influences. But if you have your heart set on wearing a zoot suit, they're powerless to stop you.
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Bend Butchers to Open a Japanese Soul Food Restaurant
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- North Pearl: Going Up?