Chase Biado: In Time
From the year 2044, Portland artist Chase Biado describes his latest exhibition thusly:
"Time. Good time. Snake time. Traveling through time, clothes dissolving. Glass growing then stopping. Immortal stone golems look on. Time scattering, centered on nodal points expanding into fields. The time garden revolves, inverts: a series of interlocking hedges. Future time collapses. In the old time, the cows were dogs; the rocks were people. When traveling through time the most important thing is to forget the future. You carry your head in a backpack behind you. You spill your milk and it floats forward, slowing then stopping. A snake grows legs and then drowns itself."
Note: This listing is for the opening party. Appendix Project Space is open by appointment only. Contact the gallery at email@example.com.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Oregon's Best State Parks
- Oregon's Best State Parks for Day Trippers
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops