Chamber Music Northwest 43rd Annual Summer Festival
Though it might be turning the ripe age of 43, this summer chamber music festival shows no signs of a mid-life crisis. Spread over five weeks and three locations—Reed College, St. Mary's Academy, and Catlin Gabel School, not to mention a smattering of club gigs—it has the energy of a festival half its age, but an exhilarating lineup to rival the most established festivals around. There are intimate evenings with the likes of the Miró Quartet and Imani Winds (pictured); collaborative nights with lineups like dance troupe BodyVox, pianist Alessio Bax, and violinist Nadia Salerno-Sonnenberg; and a showcase of operatic starpower with vocalist Nicholas Phan.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- Carrie Brownstein on Lena Dunham, 'Girls,' and 'Portlandia'
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants