Chamber Music Northwest 43rd Annual Summer Festival
Though it might be turning the ripe age of 43, this summer chamber music festival shows no signs of a mid-life crisis. Spread over five weeks and three locations—Reed College, St. Mary's Academy, and Catlin Gabel School, not to mention a smattering of club gigs—it has the energy of a festival half its age, but an exhilarating lineup to rival the most established festivals around. There are intimate evenings with the likes of the Miró Quartet and Imani Winds (pictured); collaborative nights with lineups like dance troupe BodyVox, pianist Alessio Bax, and violinist Nadia Salerno-Sonnenberg; and a showcase of operatic starpower with vocalist Nicholas Phan.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads