Chamber Music Northwest 43rd Annual Summer Festival
Though it might be turning the ripe age of 43, this summer chamber music festival shows no signs of a mid-life crisis. Spread over five weeks and three locations—Reed College, St. Mary's Academy, and Catlin Gabel School, not to mention a smattering of club gigs—it has the energy of a festival half its age, but an exhilarating lineup to rival the most established festivals around. There are intimate evenings with the likes of the Miró Quartet and Imani Winds (pictured); collaborative nights with lineups like dance troupe BodyVox, pianist Alessio Bax, and violinist Nadia Salerno-Sonnenberg; and a showcase of operatic starpower with vocalist Nicholas Phan.
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Ultimate Summer Day Trips
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Nong to Compete on Chopped "Food Truck Fight"
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Maurice is One of Bon Appétit's Top 10 New Restaurants in America
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Aug 21–24