Chamber Music Northwest 43rd Annual Summer Festival
Though it might be turning the ripe age of 43, this summer chamber music festival shows no signs of a mid-life crisis. Spread over five weeks and three locations—Reed College, St. Mary's Academy, and Catlin Gabel School, not to mention a smattering of club gigs—it has the energy of a festival half its age, but an exhilarating lineup to rival the most established festivals around. There are intimate evenings with the likes of the Miró Quartet and Imani Winds (pictured); collaborative nights with lineups like dance troupe BodyVox, pianist Alessio Bax, and violinist Nadia Salerno-Sonnenberg; and a showcase of operatic starpower with vocalist Nicholas Phan.
- The Long-Awaited Portland Mercado Debuts with Homegrown Latin American Cuisine
- Guide to 2015 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Run like it’s 1848 at the Oregon Trail 5K
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- 22 Reasons Why You Need to Be in Bend This Summer
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Why Are Portlanders Obsessed With Tiny Houses?