When the indie-pop sensation Camera Obscura decamped to Portland to work with Grammy nominated producer Tucker Martine (R.E.M., Spoon, My Morning Jacket), they were so pleased with the progress they made there, they returned a month later to finish it. Their new album, entitled Desire Lines, also features Neko Case and Jim Jones on vocals. Camera Obscura returns to the scene of their artistic inspiration with a show at the Crystal Ballroom this June.
Listen to our Perfect Summer Playlist here.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?