Buster Williams with Opening Performance by Cecile McLorin Salvant
Among the luminaries included in the Portland Jazz Festival's lineup this year is celebrated bassist and sideman Williams, who will play with a special quintet for this performance. But the festival, and this evening in particular, also showcases 24-year-old Cécile McLorin Salvant, The rising star breathes new life into forgotten songs from the ’20s and ’30s. People talk about you as the new Sarah Vaughan or Billie Holiday, and her debut, WomanChild, is currently contending for a Grammy.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- 16 Perfect Trails for Exploring Mount St. Helens
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Portland News to Chew
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Portland's 10 Best Salads