Buster Williams with Opening Performance by Cecile McLorin Salvant
Among the luminaries included in the Portland Jazz Festival's lineup this year is celebrated bassist and sideman Williams, who will play with a special quintet for this performance. But the festival, and this evening in particular, also showcases 24-year-old Cécile McLorin Salvant, The rising star breathes new life into forgotten songs from the ’20s and ’30s. People talk about you as the new Sarah Vaughan or Billie Holiday, and her debut, WomanChild, is currently contending for a Grammy.
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Your Hood River Fruit Loop Field Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- The Ultimate Guide to Northwest Pumpkin Patches