Buster Williams with Opening Performance by Cecile McLorin Salvant
Among the luminaries included in the Portland Jazz Festival's lineup this year is celebrated bassist and sideman Williams, who will play with a special quintet for this performance. But the festival, and this evening in particular, also showcases 24-year-old Cécile McLorin Salvant, The rising star breathes new life into forgotten songs from the ’20s and ’30s. People talk about you as the new Sarah Vaughan or Billie Holiday, and her debut, WomanChild, is currently contending for a Grammy.
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Paul Gerald's Favorite Places