Burton Greene Quartet
Pianist Burton Greene ('37) is a major figure in the free jazz revolution of '60s New York, playing alongside A-list European and US improvisers like Han Bennink, Maarten Altena, and Frank Wright. Greene will play in Portland for two nights with an all-star group made up of bassist André St. James, drummer Tim DuRoche, and Seattle trombone great, Marc Smason.
April 17 will be at Tea Zone's Camellia Lounge (7-9 pm). April 19 will be at the Piano Fort in Sellwood (8-10 pm).
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Ultimate Summer Day Trips
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Nong to Compete on Chopped "Food Truck Fight"
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Maurice is One of Bon Appétit's Top 10 New Restaurants in America
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Aug 21–24