Burton Greene Quartet
Pianist Burton Greene ('37) is a major figure in the free jazz revolution of '60s New York, playing alongside A-list European and US improvisers like Han Bennink, Maarten Altena, and Frank Wright. Greene will play in Portland for two nights with an all-star group made up of bassist André St. James, drummer Tim DuRoche, and Seattle trombone great, Marc Smason.
April 17 will be at Tea Zone's Camellia Lounge (7-9 pm). April 19 will be at the Piano Fort in Sellwood (8-10 pm).
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?