Burton Greene Quartet
Pianist Burton Greene ('37) is a major figure in the free jazz revolution of '60s New York, playing alongside A-list European and US improvisers like Han Bennink, Maarten Altena, and Frank Wright. Greene will play in Portland for two nights with an all-star group made up of bassist André St. James, drummer Tim DuRoche, and Seattle trombone great, Marc Smason.
April 17 will be at Tea Zone's Camellia Lounge (7-9 pm). April 19 will be at the Piano Fort in Sellwood (8-10 pm).
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- TEDxRecap: 6 Videos to Watch
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- Guide to 2014's Summer Concerts and Festivals