Burton Greene Quartet
Pianist Burton Greene ('37) is a major figure in the free jazz revolution of '60s New York, playing alongside A-list European and US improvisers like Han Bennink, Maarten Altena, and Frank Wright. Greene will play in Portland for two nights with an all-star group made up of bassist André St. James, drummer Tim DuRoche, and Seattle trombone great, Marc Smason.
April 17 will be at Tea Zone's Camellia Lounge (7-9 pm). April 19 will be at the Piano Fort in Sellwood (8-10 pm).
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Bean Heaven at Cup & Bar: Where Coffee and Chocolate Collide
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Inside the North Portland Shop Where Everything Is Free
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Trail of the Month: Mosier Plateau