Bright Lights: A Conversation on Senate Bill 100
As the legendary statewide planning act turns 40, look at what's working and what isn't, and what needs to change. This conversation brings together experts in business, natural resources and farming. Join Doug Krahmer, farmer and chairman of the Oregon Agricultural board, Sara Vickerman from Defenders of Wildlife, and Bernie Bottomly Portland Business Alliance and aficionado of economic development.
Bright Lights: Discussions on the City is a monthly series presented by Portland Monthly magazine with City Club of Portland designed to bring the region’s thought leaders to the stage in an informal, conversational setting. Past guests have included Congressman Earl Blumenauer, advertising guru Dan Wieden, and Portland State University president Wim Wiewel, along with candidates for mayor and the Metro council. Many past presentations can be found atvimeo.com/portlandmonthlymag/videos.
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- A Native Portlander Returns to Find Her Hometown Radically Transformed
- Portland's Mayor Says the Future is Bright—If Anyone Can Still Afford to Live Here
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This March
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland
- Best Bets for Portland Dining Month
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014