Inspired by the Joycean holiday of Bloomsday, Blumesday is a tribute to Judy Blume- the venerated, celebrated, and sometimes banned young-adult author. This year, local literary ladies Emily Chenoweth, China Forbes, Courtenay Hameister, Laura Gibson, B. Frayn Masters, Sarah Grace McCandless, and Andi Zeisler will share their most profound, awkward, and titillating experiences with the oft-censored books of Blume. Performances will include excerpts from some of Blume's most popular works, such as: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret, Blubber, and Forever.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Apr 23–26