Inspired by the Joycean holiday of Bloomsday, Blumesday is a tribute to Judy Blume- the venerated, celebrated, and sometimes banned young-adult author. This year, local literary ladies Emily Chenoweth, China Forbes, Courtenay Hameister, Laura Gibson, B. Frayn Masters, Sarah Grace McCandless, and Andi Zeisler will share their most profound, awkward, and titillating experiences with the oft-censored books of Blume. Performances will include excerpts from some of Blume's most popular works, such as: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret, Blubber, and Forever.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?