Inspired by the Joycean holiday of Bloomsday, Blumesday is a tribute to Judy Blume- the venerated, celebrated, and sometimes banned young-adult author. This year, local literary ladies Emily Chenoweth, China Forbes, Courtenay Hameister, Laura Gibson, B. Frayn Masters, Sarah Grace McCandless, and Andi Zeisler will share their most profound, awkward, and titillating experiences with the oft-censored books of Blume. Performances will include excerpts from some of Blume's most popular works, such as: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret, Blubber, and Forever.
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Bean Heaven at Cup & Bar: Where Coffee and Chocolate Collide
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Inside the North Portland Shop Where Everything Is Free
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Trail of the Month: Mosier Plateau