Inspired by the Joycean holiday of Bloomsday, Blumesday is a tribute to Judy Blume- the venerated, celebrated, and sometimes banned young-adult author. This year, local literary ladies Emily Chenoweth, China Forbes, Courtenay Hameister, Laura Gibson, B. Frayn Masters, Sarah Grace McCandless, and Andi Zeisler will share their most profound, awkward, and titillating experiences with the oft-censored books of Blume. Performances will include excerpts from some of Blume's most popular works, such as: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret, Blubber, and Forever.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: May 21–24
- Portland's 10 Best Salads