The Blue Cranes is a Portland born-and-bred quintet of jazzbos that leans emphatically toward the cool school of instrumental groove exploration. The combo has a rubberized rhythm section in bassist Keith Brush and drummer Ji Tanzer, a thoughtful and inventive piano player in Rebecca Sanborn, and a pair of honkin’ sax players. It’s mostly freewheeling post-bop mood music, but there’s seldom a dull moment. Tonight is a release party in honor of the band's latest album Swim.
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Ultimate Summer Day Trips
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Nong to Compete on Chopped "Food Truck Fight"
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Maurice is One of Bon Appétit's Top 10 New Restaurants in America