The Blue Cranes is a Portland born-and-bred quintet of jazzbos that leans emphatically toward the cool school of instrumental groove exploration. The combo has a rubberized rhythm section in bassist Keith Brush and drummer Ji Tanzer, a thoughtful and inventive piano player in Rebecca Sanborn, and a pair of honkin’ sax players. It’s mostly freewheeling post-bop mood music, but there’s seldom a dull moment. Tonight is a release party in honor of the band's latest album Swim.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald