The Blue Cranes is a Portland born-and-bred quintet of jazzbos that leans emphatically toward the cool school of instrumental groove exploration. The combo has a rubberized rhythm section in bassist Keith Brush and drummer Ji Tanzer, a thoughtful and inventive piano player in Rebecca Sanborn, and a pair of honkin’ sax players. It’s mostly freewheeling post-bop mood music, but there’s seldom a dull moment. Tonight is a release party in honor of the band's latest album Swim.
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Forest Park Guide: The Best Hikes
- Beer and Hiking...A Match Made in Heaven!
- Portland's 10 Best Salads