The Blue Cranes is a Portland born-and-bred quintet of jazzbos that leans emphatically toward the cool school of instrumental groove exploration. The combo has a rubberized rhythm section in bassist Keith Brush and drummer Ji Tanzer, a thoughtful and inventive piano player in Rebecca Sanborn, and a pair of honkin’ sax players. It’s mostly freewheeling post-bop mood music, but there’s seldom a dull moment. Tonight is a release party in honor of the band's latest album Swim.
- The Latest in Portland Arts News—Anthony Bourdain is Portland-Bound!
- Wake Up to Portland's Best Breakfast Sandwiches
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- 5 Reasons to Look Forward to Portland's Newest Sundae Shop
- Big Money Moments in Portland Real Estate
- Barbecue Deluxe at Smokehouse Tavern
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts