The most visible proponent of “sissy bounce,” a gay and gleefully gender-bent subgenre of dance and hip-hop, Big Freedia is a funk-ringmaster hybrid of Rick James and Boy George, who hails from New Orleans and brings a rowdy, rump-shaking house party vibe wherever he goes.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?