The most visible proponent of “sissy bounce,” a gay and gleefully gender-bent subgenre of dance and hip-hop, Big Freedia is a funk-ringmaster hybrid of Rick James and Boy George, who hails from New Orleans and brings a rowdy, rump-shaking house party vibe wherever he goes.
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Inside P.R.E.A.M.’s Pizza Party HQ
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Bean Heaven at Cup & Bar: Where Coffee and Chocolate Collide
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Inside the North Portland Shop Where Everything Is Free
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Trail of the Month: Mosier Plateau