The most visible proponent of “sissy bounce,” a gay and gleefully gender-bent subgenre of dance and hip-hop, Big Freedia is a funk-ringmaster hybrid of Rick James and Boy George, who hails from New Orleans and brings a rowdy, rump-shaking house party vibe wherever he goes.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald