Third Rail: Beauty Queen of Leenane
The now indispensable Third Rail made its name with the first part of Martin McDonagh’s darkly hilarious Leenane trilogy, The Lonesome West, in 2006. Now the company stages the finale, about a daughter trying to escape her manipulative mother.
Beauty Queen is one of four Irish plays opening in May and June, offering a local PhD of sorts in Irish Lit. That’s a lot of craic to take in, however, so if you’re feeling a bit out of your depth, here are a few things to know about Irish theatrical tradition to help you make sense of it all.
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Ursula K. Le Guin Burns Down the National Book Awards
- Cheryl Strayed Talks About Filming 'Wild' with Reese Witherspoon (And Meeting Channing Tatum)
- A New Mayan Restaurant Is Taking Over Little T Every Sunday
- Inside Kyra's Bake Shop's New and Improved Gluten-Free Bakery
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Nov 20–23
- Thanksgiving in Portland: Dine Out
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots