Third Rail: Beauty Queen of Leenane
The now indispensable Third Rail made its name with the first part of Martin McDonagh’s darkly hilarious Leenane trilogy, The Lonesome West, in 2006. Now the company stages the finale, about a daughter trying to escape her manipulative mother.
Beauty Queen is one of four Irish plays opening in May and June, offering a local PhD of sorts in Irish Lit. That’s a lot of craic to take in, however, so if you’re feeling a bit out of your depth, here are a few things to know about Irish theatrical tradition to help you make sense of it all.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Devouring Portland's Hottest Brunch Spots
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates