Third Rail: Beauty Queen of Leenane
The now indispensable Third Rail made its name with the first part of Martin McDonagh’s darkly hilarious Leenane trilogy, The Lonesome West, in 2006. Now the company stages the finale, about a daughter trying to escape her manipulative mother.
Beauty Queen is one of four Irish plays opening in May and June, offering a local PhD of sorts in Irish Lit. That’s a lot of craic to take in, however, so if you’re feeling a bit out of your depth, here are a few things to know about Irish theatrical tradition to help you make sense of it all.
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- The Columbia River Nostalgia Tour
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!