Third Rail: Beauty Queen of Leenane
The now indispensable Third Rail made its name with the first part of Martin McDonagh’s darkly hilarious Leenane trilogy, The Lonesome West, in 2006. Now the company stages the finale, about a daughter trying to escape her manipulative mother.
Beauty Queen is one of four Irish plays opening in May and June, offering a local PhD of sorts in Irish Lit. That’s a lot of craic to take in, however, so if you’re feeling a bit out of your depth, here are a few things to know about Irish theatrical tradition to help you make sense of it all.
- Portland Gets Its First Dedicated Bone Broth Bar
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Besaw’s Is Closing On May 29
- Why Portland Desperately Needs More Urban Density
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Kir Jensen's Sugar Cube Bakery Closing May 3
- 22 Reasons Why You Need to Be in Bend This Summer
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots