Beauty and the Beast
Local producer and Greg Tamblyn once again pulls out all the stops for a reboot of his massive production of Beauty and the Beast. Erin Charles plays Belle and Leif Norby dons the fur and horns of the Beast in this show, which also features a special performance from the Jefferson Dancers. The kids will be enthralled, of course, but the one has the production value, off-kilter choreography, and general weirdness to keep grown-ups plenty entertained.
"Enchanting is a word that gets tossed around a lot, especially when you’re dealing with princesses and magical castles, but Pixie Dust Production’s Portland version of the Beauty & the Beast musical is exactly that: a huge Broadway sing-along remounted with moxie by a cast of warm and lively local vets made special with truly fanciful sets and costumes. It’s an early Christmas present for musical lovers—especially those with kids in tow." Read our full review, and enter to win tickets.
- Behold Sunriver Resort's $50 Million Facelift
- Tripster: Weekend Plans
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Three Reasons To Try Ya Hala’s New Lebanese Brunch
- Wildfang Launches the Coolest Ad Campaign of the Year
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- The Incredible Story of an Engineer Behind Portland’s Newest Bridge