Beauty and the Beast
Local producer and Greg Tamblyn once again pulls out all the stops for a reboot of his massive production of Beauty and the Beast. Erin Charles plays Belle and Leif Norby dons the fur and horns of the Beast in this show, which also features a special performance from the Jefferson Dancers. The kids will be enthralled, of course, but the one has the production value, off-kilter choreography, and general weirdness to keep grown-ups plenty entertained.
"Enchanting is a word that gets tossed around a lot, especially when you’re dealing with princesses and magical castles, but Pixie Dust Production’s Portland version of the Beauty & the Beast musical is exactly that: a huge Broadway sing-along remounted with moxie by a cast of warm and lively local vets made special with truly fanciful sets and costumes. It’s an early Christmas present for musical lovers—especially those with kids in tow." Read our full review, and enter to win tickets.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Oregon's 50 Best Wines 2014
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland This October
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- How Did the Design of the Portland Building Go So Wrong?
- Carrie Brownstein on Lena Dunham, 'Girls,' and 'Portlandia'
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants