Beauty and the Beast
Local producer and Greg Tamblyn once again pulls out all the stops for a reboot of his massive production of Beauty and the Beast. Erin Charles plays Belle and Leif Norby dons the fur and horns of the Beast in this show, which also features a special performance from the Jefferson Dancers. The kids will be enthralled, of course, but the one has the production value, off-kilter choreography, and general weirdness to keep grown-ups plenty entertained.
"Enchanting is a word that gets tossed around a lot, especially when you’re dealing with princesses and magical castles, but Pixie Dust Production’s Portland version of the Beauty & the Beast musical is exactly that: a huge Broadway sing-along remounted with moxie by a cast of warm and lively local vets made special with truly fanciful sets and costumes. It’s an early Christmas present for musical lovers—especially those with kids in tow." Read our full review, and enter to win tickets.
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 16-19
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Northwest Pumpkin Patches
- How Oregonians Really Feel About Wine
- Opening Date and Menu Details for Northwest Portland’s Le Vieux
- Trail of the Month: Indian Heaven Trail No. 33
- A New Wood-Fired Pizzeria, Fire and Stone, to Open in Northeast Portland