Mexico's Aztec Eagles: Hispanic Heroes of WWII
An evening of compelling history through film and talk. Volunteer WWII pilots known as "The Aztec Eagles" were the only military unit to see combat, helping American forces to drive Japanese soliders from the Philippines. Filmmaker Victor Mancilla explores the Mexican military's largely forgotten history and legacy in his documentary, The Forgotten Eagles. There will be a Q&A following the screening of the film, with historian Sig Unander.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- How Michelle Lesniak Stole FashioNXT