Mexico's Aztec Eagles: Hispanic Heroes of WWII
An evening of compelling history through film and talk. Volunteer WWII pilots known as "The Aztec Eagles" were the only military unit to see combat, helping American forces to drive Japanese soliders from the Philippines. Filmmaker Victor Mancilla explores the Mexican military's largely forgotten history and legacy in his documentary, The Forgotten Eagles. There will be a Q&A following the screening of the film, with historian Sig Unander.
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Apr 23–26