Anonymous Theatre: The Skin of Our Teeth
Features:Age: All Ages Price: $25
One of the major draws of live performance is risk. Perhaps something profound or disastrous will happen when the actors come together—a special synergy, a flubbed line, a fall—that pulls us into a collective camaraderie or sympathetic cringe. Good or bad, each performance is unlike any other.
Theatre Vertigo and Anonymous Theatre will magnify that risk while also staging a tried-and-true play in an experiment that fills the Gerding Theater every year. The director, Andrés Alcalá, rehearses with each actor individually. The night of the show, the actors, unknown to each other, take their seats with the audience, revealing themselves and stepping on stage with their first line. And the audience gets to see the magic of a show being done for the first—and only—time, with its performances utterly raw and full of chance, possibility, and even danger.
This year’s production will be the Pulitzer-winning The Skin of Our Teeth, Thornton Wilder’s “cosmic allegory” for the history and fate of mankind told through an all-American family’s confrontation with three world disasters.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- You Can Start Planning Your Trip to Iceland
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Bunk’s Tommy Habetz to Launch Moon Pizza this Winter
- Lil’ Wayne “Wins” Battle With Drake, Lays His Claim To Portland