Artist Talk: Anna von Mertens
This New Hampshire artist is coming off of a mighty fine 2013: a solo exhibition at the Boston Center for Art and the inclusion of her quilts, showing the night sky during moments of colossal violence (9/11, the Tet Offensive, the assassination of MLK), in the Smithsonian’s 40 Under 40: Craft Futures show. Like the quilts, much of her work uses craft to conceptually approach historical events. She speaks here as part of PNCA's 2013-2014 Graduate Visiting Artist Lecture Series in tandem with her show at Elizabeth Leach Gallery.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Oct 23–25
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- How Michelle Lesniak Stole FashioNXT