Artist Talk: Anna von Mertens
This New Hampshire artist is coming off of a mighty fine 2013: a solo exhibition at the Boston Center for Art and the inclusion of her quilts, showing the night sky during moments of colossal violence (9/11, the Tet Offensive, the assassination of MLK), in the Smithsonian’s 40 Under 40: Craft Futures show. Like the quilts, much of her work uses craft to conceptually approach historical events. She speaks here as part of PNCA's 2013-2014 Graduate Visiting Artist Lecture Series in tandem with her show at Elizabeth Leach Gallery.
- Portlander's Dog Film Breaks the Internet's Heart
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: June 18–21
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Which Northwest Summer Festival Is Too Naked For You?