Artist Talk: Anna von Mertens
This New Hampshire artist is coming off of a mighty fine 2013: a solo exhibition at the Boston Center for Art and the inclusion of her quilts, showing the night sky during moments of colossal violence (9/11, the Tet Offensive, the assassination of MLK), in the Smithsonian’s 40 Under 40: Craft Futures show. Like the quilts, much of her work uses craft to conceptually approach historical events. She speaks here as part of PNCA's 2013-2014 Graduate Visiting Artist Lecture Series in tandem with her show at Elizabeth Leach Gallery.
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- Make Pok Pok's Famous Wings at Home
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- 3 Things You Must Eat in Portland this January
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet