Artist Talk: Anna von Mertens
This New Hampshire artist is coming off of a mighty fine 2013: a solo exhibition at the Boston Center for Art and the inclusion of her quilts, showing the night sky during moments of colossal violence (9/11, the Tet Offensive, the assassination of MLK), in the Smithsonian’s 40 Under 40: Craft Futures show. Like the quilts, much of her work uses craft to conceptually approach historical events. She speaks here as part of PNCA's 2013-2014 Graduate Visiting Artist Lecture Series in tandem with her show at Elizabeth Leach Gallery.
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Like Almost Famous? Come Watch It With the REAL Pennie Lane!
- Toby, the Baby from Labyrinth, Grows Up to Be a Goblin King—in Portland
- PDX Reveals New Lineup of Restaurants and Shops
- Oregon's Best State Parks
- Top Things To Do This Weekend: Sept 18-21