Artist Talk: Anna von Mertens
This New Hampshire artist is coming off of a mighty fine 2013: a solo exhibition at the Boston Center for Art and the inclusion of her quilts, showing the night sky during moments of colossal violence (9/11, the Tet Offensive, the assassination of MLK), in the Smithsonian’s 40 Under 40: Craft Futures show. Like the quilts, much of her work uses craft to conceptually approach historical events. She speaks here as part of PNCA's 2013-2014 Graduate Visiting Artist Lecture Series in tandem with her show at Elizabeth Leach Gallery.
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- Portland News to Chew
- Nong Slays Competition to Win Chopped
- Pearl District Pastry Haven Nuvrei Gets a Tasty Makeover
- Portland's 10 Best Salads