Aloha Say the Pretty Girls
Chicago Edge says that Naomi Iizuka's rather nebulous comedy Aloha, Say the Pretty Girls is "a dazzling comic confection in which lives intersect, time and space disintegrate, and life is more or less absurd.In short, it’s a jazzed-up version of our communal experience here on Planet Earth, though with some unapologetic metaphorical flourishes."
Our review says: "The fragmented, surreal portrayal of youth angst has no small number of problems with its script, but the play's sense of humor and experimental structure, along with dynamic performances from the Vertigo cast, keep us looking on."
- "3 Things I Learned Opening A PDX Doughnut Shop in Japan"
- Bend’s Plant-Based Burger Joint Hits Hawthorne
- How the New Max Orange Line Will Change Portland
- Portland Neighborhoods By The Numbers: Where to Buy in 2015
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland Farmers Market's New Vendors and Neighborhood Opening Dates
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Apr 23–26