Aloha Say the Pretty Girls
Chicago Edge says that Naomi Iizuka's rather nebulous comedy Aloha, Say the Pretty Girls is "a dazzling comic confection in which lives intersect, time and space disintegrate, and life is more or less absurd.In short, it’s a jazzed-up version of our communal experience here on Planet Earth, though with some unapologetic metaphorical flourishes."
Our review says: "The fragmented, surreal portrayal of youth angst has no small number of problems with its script, but the play's sense of humor and experimental structure, along with dynamic performances from the Vertigo cast, keep us looking on."
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Getting Personal with Portland’s Food Napoleon Micah Camden
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- TEDxRecap: 6 Videos to Watch
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- Guide to 2014's Summer Concerts and Festivals