Allyson Mitchell is a maximalist artist working predominately in sculpture, installation, and film. Since 1997, Mitchell has been melding feminism and pop culture to play with contemporary ideas about sexuality, autobiography, and the body, largely through the use of reclaimed textile and abandoned craft. She has exhibited in galleries and festivals across Canada, the US, Europe, and East Asia. Mitchell is an assistant professor in women's studies at York University.
This event is co-sponsored with Pacific Northwest College of Art's sculpture department.
- Inside North Portland's SamplingLab, Where Everything Is Free
- 10 Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Foodies
- 50 Things Every Portlander Must Do This Winter
- Portland’s Best Bars 2014
- Top Things to Do This Weekend: Dec 18–21
- All-Way's Hamburger Time Machine
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots