Allyson Mitchell is a maximalist artist working predominately in sculpture, installation, and film. Since 1997, Mitchell has been melding feminism and pop culture to play with contemporary ideas about sexuality, autobiography, and the body, largely through the use of reclaimed textile and abandoned craft. She has exhibited in galleries and festivals across Canada, the US, Europe, and East Asia. Mitchell is an assistant professor in women's studies at York University.
This event is co-sponsored with Pacific Northwest College of Art's sculpture department.
- A Bigger Portland is On Its Way—And Here's What It Will Look Like
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Genoa Restaurant Closing May 11
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Plotting Portland's New Skyline
- Tripster: Weekend Plans
- Orenco Station: Westward Expansion