Allyson Mitchell is a maximalist artist working predominately in sculpture, installation, and film. Since 1997, Mitchell has been melding feminism and pop culture to play with contemporary ideas about sexuality, autobiography, and the body, largely through the use of reclaimed textile and abandoned craft. She has exhibited in galleries and festivals across Canada, the US, Europe, and East Asia. Mitchell is an assistant professor in women's studies at York University.
This event is co-sponsored with Pacific Northwest College of Art's sculpture department.
- The 10 Best New Brunches in Portland
- 16 Perfect Trails for Exploring Mount St. Helens
- Shandong's Sister Restaurant Brings the Sichuan Heat to NW Portland
- Portland's 10 Best Salads
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland News to Chew
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland Brunch
- Holy Cow! Portland Bridges by Drone!