Alien Boy: The Life and Death of James Chasse
Alien Boy is a documentary by local fimmaker Brian Lindstrom that tells the events of the death of Portlander James Chasse, a man afflicted with schizophrenia, who died after police grappled with him on a street corner in NW Portland. Lindstrom's film seeks to present a full, public account of what happened to Chasse at the hands of the police, as well as a sensitive look at Chasse's life, accomplishments, and successes as a person living with a mental illness in a world that was mostly unaccomodating for him and remains so for so many like him. Shown as part of the Portland International Film Festival, with a longer run through Mar. 7.
Read our preview of the film on our Culturephile Blog.
- How Much Pressure is Too Much Pressure in a Massage?
- Portland's Best Schools, Ranked and Rated
- How Portland's Cost of Living (and Beer) Compares to Major U.S. Cities
- Make Pok Pok's Famous Wings at Home
- A New Food Lover's Market to Open Next to The Ocean's Microeateries
- Fitmob's All-You-Can-Sweat Fitness Passport Comes to PDX
- A Peek at PDX Airport’s New Carpet
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014