Alien Boy: The Life and Death of James Chasse
Alien Boy is a documentary by local fimmaker Brian Lindstrom that tells the events of the death of Portlander James Chasse, a man afflicted with schizophrenia, who died after police grappled with him on a street corner in NW Portland. Lindstrom's film seeks to present a full, public account of what happened to Chasse at the hands of the police, as well as a sensitive look at Chasse's life, accomplishments, and successes as a person living with a mental illness in a world that was mostly unaccomodating for him and remains so for so many like him. Shown as part of the Portland International Film Festival, with a longer run through Mar. 7.
Read our preview of the film on our Culturephile Blog.
- New Seasons’ New Toast and Juice Bars
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- How to Devour Portland's Restaurant Scene in 7 Days
- The Definitive Guide to Portland's Vegan Pizza
- Thanksgiving in Portland: Dine Out
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Inside Kyra's Bake Shop's New and Improved Gluten-Free Bakery