Alien Boy: The Life and Death of James Chasse
Alien Boy is a documentary by local fimmaker Brian Lindstrom that tells the events of the death of Portlander James Chasse, a man afflicted with schizophrenia, who died after police grappled with him on a street corner in NW Portland. Lindstrom's film seeks to present a full, public account of what happened to Chasse at the hands of the police, as well as a sensitive look at Chasse's life, accomplishments, and successes as a person living with a mental illness in a world that was mostly unaccomodating for him and remains so for so many like him. Shown as part of the Portland International Film Festival, with a longer run through Mar. 7.
Read our preview of the film on our Culturephile Blog.
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland's 10 Best Restaurants of 2014
- The Northwest's 8 Best Wildflower Hikes
- Jacobsen Salt Buys Out Bee Local
- Portland's Hottest Neighborhoods: Where to Buy Now
- P.R.E.A.M. Announces Preview Dinners
- Kitchen Shuffles at Olympia Provisions; McMinnville Gets Two New Restaurants