In the publicity photos for Alessio Bax’s recent record of Brahms interpretations, the darkly handsome Italian pianist poses model-like (bearing a passing resemblance to Twilight’s Robert Pattinson). But Bax is more than a pretty face; his very talented hands (also pictured) have tickled the ivories in soloist performances with the Royal and London Philharmonic Orchestras. For his Portland Piano International recital, expect a selection of Rachmaninoff works, followed by Modest Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition.
- Checking in with Portland's Tiny House Hotel
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The World's Best Beards and Mustaches Compete In Portland (and Defy the Laws of Gravity)
- Check Out these Sweet Wine Country Trailers
- The Ultimate Guide to Portland's Teahouses
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Portland's 10 Best Guilt-Free Dishes