In the publicity photos for Alessio Bax’s recent record of Brahms interpretations, the darkly handsome Italian pianist poses model-like (bearing a passing resemblance to Twilight’s Robert Pattinson). But Bax is more than a pretty face; his very talented hands (also pictured) have tickled the ivories in soloist performances with the Royal and London Philharmonic Orchestras. For his Portland Piano International recital, expect a selection of Rachmaninoff works, followed by Modest Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition.
- Where Do Portland's Best Chefs Eat on their Own Time?
- The Houseboat Life
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Q&A: Getting R-Rated with SNL's Norm MacDonald
- Three Reasons To Try Café Castagna’s New Middle East Brunch
- 2014's Fresh Harvest of Fall Pastries
- Tripster: Weekend Plans